Important information for members and guests
Frequently Asked Questions
Hours: Split Spaces is open to members primarily between 8am and 5pm. Use of the office outside these times is permitted with prior arrangement. Please contact the Community Manager on email@example.com. Members will be issued with an access card.
Level 2: both stairs and a lift is available to access the Split Spaces office. Most areas of the building are wheelchair accessible.
Once off visitors and non-members are requested to contact the Community Manager if booking less than 24 hours in advance to ensure you have access
Our shared use facility has tea, coffee, water, cutlery, crockery, fridge, microwave etc. All users are responsible for cleaning, washing, drying and putting away any items used and leaving it as found for the next person. A $55 cleaning fee may apply if the cleanliness of the kitchen is not upheld.
Fridge: Please keep your items labelled and note any unlabelled food will be removed thrown out, including containers.
Rubbish: Please ensure desk bins are cleared into the main rubbish.
Recycling: SS is a part of the containers for change program. Applicable 10c bottles are to be placed in the labelled bin to be sent for $ exchange. A regular recycling bin is also available and SS members are encouraged to play their part for the environment, washing where appropriate and placing in the recycling bins provided.
Water: chilled bottled office water is available for all users of Split Spaces.
Access to Split Spaces is not permitted overnight.
On street parking is available for 2 hours at a time from 8am – 5pm. Mackay Regional Council strictly enforce this with parking fines. Free, all day parking is available in surrounding streets, check the signage. Mackay Regional Council Paystay app
Printing is available on a full colour. Please be mindful that black and white prints are 10% of the cost of colour prints. We also ask you to be mindful of the environment when making a decision whether to print or not.
Courtesy for other co-workers means if you are taking long or loud, phone calls or video calls, please utilise the breakout spaces, book a meeting room or step into another room for your call.
Security for CQUni are available on 0418 792982. Members are encouraged to report any suspicious activity to this number along with the Community Manager.
CQUni is a non-smoking campus. Smoking should occur outside the grounds of the University.
Access is available to Split Spaces WIFI, the password is on the wall in every room Spl#tSpac3s
Terms and Conditions
Hire and members of facilities will be required to sign this agreement.
1) Split Spaces agrees that:
• they will provide appropriate training on all safety equipment and emergency evacuation procedures
• they will provide appropriate induction/safety briefings and procedures relating to the operating of any equipment owned by Split Spaces which is available MEMBERS use. Specific training will be provided on specialised equipment owned by Split Spaces as required.
• they grant no indemnity for damage to or loss of the MEMBERS property, including but not limited to physical and intellectual, to the level maximum appropriate at law.
• They bear no responsibility for injury caused to the MEMBER to the level maximum appropriate by law
• They will make all reasonable efforts to ensure a safe environment for all MEMBERS
2) The MEMBER agrees that:
• they will bear all responsibility for, and fully indemnify Split Spaces, against any injury or damage caused by the MEMBER
• they will abide by all instructions and directions issued by Split Spaces staff
• they will only engage in activities on site which have been approved by authorised Split Spaces staff
• they have been advised of all safety equipment (if applicable) and the emergency evacuation procedure.
• they will not operate/use any equipment owned by Split Spaces without first obtaining verbal acceptances and (if required) induction/safety briefing and procedures relevant to the operation of said equipment
• they will comply with all induction/safety briefings and procedures relevant to the use of any equipment owned by Split Spaces. The MEMBER also agrees to provide full indemnity to Split Spaces for any damage or injury caused as a result of non-compliance with all induction / safety briefings and procedures
• they will fully indemnify Split Spaces for any damage caused to or by property owned by Split Spaces which is damage during the use by the MEMBER provided such damage was as a result of the MEMBERS misuse, negligence, error or omission.
• they will ensure that they take our and maintain the currency of the following insurance:
Public Liability – for a limit of no less than $10,000,000
Property Insurance for all property left
Any other insurance which are relevant to their business that a responsible business owner would hold.
Proof of these insurance must be provided within seven (7) days or request by Split Spaces staff.